Image Map

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hello There

Hiya crafty peeps!  I've been dying to share something with you for a while now and it's finally time- I get to spend another term on the Some Odd Girl design team :)  I'm so excited to kick off another six months- the last term was amazing and I can't wait to keep the momentum going!  To get things started there's a new monthly challenge and the team is switching things up a bit by doing more than just sketches this time around; we get to start with something that is definitely quite the trend- Ombre!  
This was so much fun- I used some papers that had the ombre effect and also used my Copics to color and ombre look to the little frame around my image which is Mae from the Fall Friends clear set.
  I've been spending a lot of time looking at scrapbooking layouts lately on Instagram and Pinterest so I decided to try making my card like a little layout.  I have to admit I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and I got to use some new things on it like the cork elements and one of my new tags from Chic Tags to carry the triangle look throughout.  I'm not sure I'm ready for a huge layout just yet but I can see why people fall in love with doing them :)
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me- I hope you'll pop on over to the Some Odd Girl blog to meet the rest of the team and see their first projects.  And don't be shy to join right in with us- you have all month and we'd love to see what you create!



Sorry peeps- I colored this so long ago I've started a new notebook and can't find the old one with the markers I used!   But they are bright ones cause this is colored on kraft :)



Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzil; DP- MME Flair; Wood Banner- Basic Grey; Cork Stickers- Studio Calico; Chipboard Heart- Pink Paislee; Triangle Tag- Chic Tags; Enamel Dots- MME; Washi Tape- my stash

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats for the next term too Katie! Awesome creation, love all layers!
Jasmina

Leah l'Orange said...

oooh, this is SO pretty, and very different from your usual style! love the way you've incorporated all of the elements, and the coloring is fantabulatious, as always! SO SO excited to have you along for another term, KatiePerry! xoxoxox

Unknown said...

Hi Katie! So excited to be a part of the team with you! I just LOVE your coloring!

Jenn

Rachel Parys said...

Love, love, love!!! I am a huge kraft fan, love coloring on it!! Great job!

Unknown said...

yay...Katie is back! Congrats!