Image Map

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Live.Laugh.Love.Learn

Hi All!  Well, things have been crazy as usual but I finally got some time in to make a card- Yay me!  It's about time too because I've had this image Bookish Tia from Some Odd Girl colored and sitting on my desk for a little bit now and it was seriously starting to kill me :)  When I first started coloring with Copics I never picked my papers first but now that's how I work about 99% of the time and it really does make things much easier.  The thing it doesn't so much lend itself to is color challenges so I hardly ever participate in those.   But when I saw the inspiration photo over at the Some Odd Girl Challenge blog I was stoked because it just so happened that the papers/colors I chose to use with little Tia actually already fit the colors in the photo!  Things working out like that hardly ever happen to me so I took it as a sign that I needed to get on this card and enter it :)  I used the sketch over at the Pink {Ink} Sketch Challenge blog and love it for its simplicity- it truly allows everyone to put their own unique spin on things which is always cool to see.  I hope I did both the photo inspiration and sketch challenge justice- and most of all I hope you enjoy!
Copics:
Skin- E000, E00, E11, R21
Hair- E31, E35, E37
Clothes: E41, E42, E43, E44, RV32, RV34, YG41, YG45
Accessories: E41, E42, E43, Y32, Y35, B000, B00, B52, BV13, BV17


I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Pink {Ink} Sketch Challenge
Some Odd Girl Challenge- Inspiration Photo (used teal, pink, cream, and green colors)
Our Craft Lounge- Use Patterned Paper
Craft Us Crazy- School Theme and/or Goodbye to Summer
Stampin' for the Weekend- What A Cutie

Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog- Anything Goes

Supplies: DP- MME Lost&Found 2 Blush; Cardstock- Bazzil & American Crafts; Ribbon Pleat- Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage; Safety Pin- Tim Holtz; Bling and Flowers- Recollections; Fabric Tag- my stash

15 comments:

Jill said...

Katie, this is a fantastic card. I love your colouring and your choise of embellishments is perfect. Gorgeous!
Hugs

Cor* said...

oh my gosh. I love when that happens.....a little 'ah ha' moment when what you've worked on matches a color challenge. Especially with a SOGGY! Fantastic job with the coloring and sketch. I am in love with your fabric tag that I was about to go and purchase until I see it is from your stash! LOL . Thanks so much for joining in at SOG this week!

Chris_P said...

Wow this is gorgeous!! Love your coloring! It's adorable! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

Jenny said...

Love it Katie! I love the papers, the image and of course - your fabulous colouring. hugs x

Rachel said...

Cute card, that image is gorgeous and I love your embellishing. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh this is beautiful!! I'm so happy the colors matched our challenge!!! I love the tag and the layout with your swirly bling is GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for joining us at Some Odd Girl!
Hugs,
M

Leah l'Orange said...

BEAUTIFUL, Katie! i love that green pleated trim, and your colouring is wonderful! fabby job with the inspiration challenge - thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl! xo

Jennifer said...

She is awesome! I'm am constantly awed by your creations.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful card and your coloring is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at SOG. :)

Eulanda said...

hee hee I could not color without matching my papers cuz I would be lost. Was far easier for me to start there. This is just gorgeous!! AS USUAL!!

Fiona said...

wow stunning Katie!!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Unknown said...

Super card, also love that tag....sure I have some of those hiding in my stash somewhere...LOL Thanks for playing along with our inspiration challenge.
Caz
x

Robin McK said...

This is beyond adorable, and your colouring is delicious! Thanks for playing at Some Odd Girl!

Lou Mac said...

What a gorgeous card, I love how you've used the colours in our challenge. Awesome layout and I love the texture the material aspects of this card bring!!

Thanks for being ODD and joining us over at Some Odd Girl for our 'Inspiration' challenge this fortnight. Good luck.

xo Lou Mac ~ ODD Designer.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh IO just love this that tag on the card is awesome!
I have some candy up for grabs if you're interested:

http://inkyfingersrule.blogspot.com/2011/10/i-have-candy.html