Image Map

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Yuletide Gifts

Hi All!  Just a quick post of another Christmas card :)  I've become quite smitten with Some Odd Girl images and LOVE coloring them up with my Copics.  Here I've used Deer Gift Mae and, after seeing how some other amazing colorists created the dark shadows with their coloring I tried something new and used a really dark grey (T9) to put some really dark shadows in her dress.  As with all things when you do it for the first time it's not perfect but I think I'm on the right track which just means more practice is in my future :)  I used some of my favorite Christmas paper from Webster's Pages as the base and then kept things pretty simple- there's not even any bling aside from the pearls on the flowers...I'm surprised I didn't go through some serious withdrawals!  I've decided that my affinity for bling on my cards is probably a result of me being unable to afford it sparkling in my ears or from around my neck.  And since I've heard it said that diamond's are a girls best friend it would be a terrible shame if I were best friendless right?  So until I win lottery, or find someone who showers me with expensive gifts, bling will probably continue to be a staple on my cards :)  Well, I'm pretty sure I've rambled enough and you're probably ready to see my card now- thanks for sticking with me- I hope it was worth it!
Copics:
Skin- E000, E00, E11, R21, R30, BV31
Hair- E31, E33, E35, E37, E39, E29
Clothes- R22, R24, R29, R59, T7, E40, E41, E42, E43, E44
Present- Y32, Y35, Y38, G40, G82, G85

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Digi Designs Challenge- Christmas
Card Makin' Mama's- Christmas
Raise The Bar- It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
Stampin' for the Weekend- Christmas

Supplies- Cardstock- American Crafts; Distress Ink- Pumice Stone Tim Holtz; Felt Ribbon- We R Memory Keepers; Flowers- Prima; Token- Tim Holtz; Pearls- my stash

5 comments:

Shelby said...

I think your use of T9 looks fabulous and the whole image looks like she is walking off the card! Fantastic work.

Shelby

Lau W said...

Oh your card is very nice, love Christmas cards ! Love your papers, fantastic design !
Thanks for your lovely comment ! Happy holidays too !
xxx

Eulanda said...

Oooooh I love the dark grey idea! I just got that line of grey's....the T's. They are very cool! You're so good at these images!! OMG no wonder! I just looked at all your colors you use. Holi crap!! I'm sooo gonna up my color game this year!! Wait for it!! LOL!

June Nelson said...

So beautiful Katie and I always envy the way you colour its stunning xxxx

Anita said...

This is a beautiful card Katie. Adorable image and your coloring is so pretty. Thanks for playing in Di's DigiDesigns challenge.