Image Map

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Time To Celebrate!

Hi All!  I've got a 'funky' little card to show you!  The challenge over at Stamp Something is to do something Funky and that truly was the jumping off point for this card :)  First off I've used a Kenny K image named Bling Baby from the new Glam Gang set 2 (grab them here)- it just screamed Funky to me- and I have to admit I own a scary amount of Kenny K digi's but I just can't resist them...I love their urban feel!  To keep the urban feel I had some DP paper from Basic Grey in mind, the Wander line, with it's kind of cityscape design and used those more subdues colors throughout- including some of the new lines from My Minds Eye that matched perfectly.  For the Kenny K challenge they want there to be something that starts with the letter R on the card so I used my Rectangle Nestabilities to cut my image out and then threw in a couple of Rhinestones as well for good measure.  My style is usually a little more bright but I have to say I really do love this card!
Here's a close up of the image that I colored with my Copics- I was a little worried about the hair but it turned out just like I pictured in my head so I'm happy with it!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Kenny K- It's All About R's
Card Makin' Mama's- Happy Birthday
Totally PaperCrafts- Do It With Digi's
Do You Stack Up- Dots (the green and yellow DP paper)
Paper Sundaes- Use Masculine Colors

Supplies: Digital Stamp- Kenny K Downloads Bling Baby; Sentiment- My Favorite Things Ala' Mode Time to Celebrate; Color Medium- Copics, Sakura Glitter Pen, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo; Tools- Spellbinders Nestabilities Rectangle Large, Sizzex Big Shot, Imaginisce Distresser; Solid Cardstock- Bazzil Lakeshore; DP- Basic Grey Wander, My Minds Eye- Gertie 'You and Me', Hattie 'Buddies'; Paper Flowers- Bazzil; Rhinestones- Little Yellow Bicycle Autumn Bliss Sharon Ann

18 comments:

LINDA said...

OH I LOVE IT TO!! you have colored this just perfectly.. and I love the DP..Great job with this weeks challenge.. Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week..
Hugs, Linda

Suzilou said...

And I have to say I love it as well, haven't brought any of the new Kenny K's yet but think I may have to go buy her she is fab and you have done a fantastic job using her. Love the clours, love the papers, love the layout, Wow! :)

heidy said...

Oh wow I love this image,you make a stunning card!!
Thanks for joining KKKG this week
Heidy

Miranda said...

wow such a cool card, that image is fantastic and her heair is great
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

WencheP said...

WOW! The image is COOL! Love the coloring! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Anne said...

FABULOUS!!!!! Love it, a smashing vard
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
Anne x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Stunning card. Your colouring is excellent and your dp is definitely in keeping with the 'urban' feel.
Thanks for joining our 'digi' challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Jo said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for joining in this week at DYSU. Hope to see you next time!

Janna Werner said...

Hey Katie, your card rocks! Absolutely dab :D Thanks so much for sharing it with us at DYSU! Janna

Mary J said...

Hello Katie honey! Wow, this is such a cool card - I love sassy and I love your sassy card!

Tracy Valure said...

Ha- this image is adorable and I think your hair came out fab!! love it - Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes!
Tracy V

Keely Livings said...

Your card is just fabulous! LOVE your coloring. Thanks for playing with us at DYSU :)

Berni said...

Now that's what I call funky, just perfect.
Berni

crafty amy said...

Wow wow wow!! I want to be able to colour like you :D
This is brilliant I love the colour combo and you have gone for one of my fav Kenny images I LOVE it.
Thank you for joining us at Kenny K and good luck.
Hugs

Amy xx

Christine said...

What a fun card, love that image! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes!

Jennifer said...

She rocks!! LOVE her so much! I of course would love to know what copic colors you used. Katie, You are amazing!

Sprytebyrd said...

What a sassy image she is! Love this card, gorgeous coloring!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Birthday Challenge! Good Luck!
Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Collette said...

What a great card - love your coloring. You background layers are terrific, as well!