Image Map

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to You!

Hi All!  I'm sitting here with the Grammy Awards playing in the background after a long day of card making feeling pretty good about what I was able to get done today.  I'll probably spread the posts out so as not to overwhelm but I couldn't wait to share this gem!  I'm going to be entering it into the Tickled Pink Challenge Blog for their Birthday Wishes challenge which meant I get to use a Tickled Pink image and I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use Lil Birthday Kellita (grab it here)!  I used the sketch from Friday Sketchers which was a blast with all it's layers and it really let me play without detracting from my image which I love.  It's kinda funny because when I colored my image I got almost done, all that was left was the present, and had a head scratching moment for what color to make it (I hadn't picked out my paper yet) but as soon as I thought of this line of papers with the orange and pink I knew in an instant that I needed to make the present orange and I'm so happy with how it turned out!


This is one of those cards that I wish I could keep for myself but it's already spoken for!  Guess I'll just have to make another one :)

Challenges I'm entering:
*Tickled Pink Challenges- Birthday Wishes
*Friday Sketchers
*Paper Sundaes- Any 2 or more of Flowers, Lace, Distressing and Pink- I've done Flowers made of Lace and (lots of) Pink
 Supplies: Image- Tickled Pink Lil Birthday Kellita Digi; Sentiment- Deja Views Wonderful Words Rub-On Birthday; All DP- Sei Winnie's Walls; Lace Flowers- Prima; Ribbon- Pebbles; Epoxy Button Stickers- Heidi Grace; Embroidery Floss- my stash

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Love this card. Actually, looking at your blog - I am loving all of your cards.
There is a little something for you over on my blog :-) Jenny B xox

Pattie said...

Super cute - I love this color combo! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Unknown said...

WOW so Awesome Katie!! I love how you have coloured Kellita!! Love everyting about your lush card!! Thanks so much for joining in this week at TPSC
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Sonya said...

Your colouring is totally stunning, as is your card. Gorgeous blog as well!

Zarah said...

Beautiful! Love the design and colour scheme and your colouring is fab!

Thanks for playing with us at http://tickledpinkstampschallenges.blogspot.com/ this week! :D

Shana said...

Gorgeous! Your shading is fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again this week!