Image Map

Friday, February 11, 2011

Fairy Tale

Hi All!  It's been a busy week but I finally had time to sit down and make a card!  This one's been percolating in my head ever since I saw what the new challenge was over at the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog- the theme is Love Is In The Air and it's supposed to be a romantic card.  For some reason when I do romantic themed cards, especially wedding cards, I always seem to default into a classic black and white with little touches of metallic like silver or bronze.  It just seems so classy and maybe a little like a throwback to the old black and white movies that I love- now that's how romance should be :)  Since I wanted to keep with the black and white theme for the whole card (and because I've been a little obsessed with coloring my images in black and white lately) I wanted to find an image that would lend itself well to being done black and white and I knew I found the right one in As You Wish (grab it here).  Couple the perfect image with the perfect sentiment  from My Favorite Things- WTG Well Read clear stamp set and I had all the makings for a romantic card...
Here's hoping I never outgrow a good fairy tale!

This card is being entered into these challenges:
*Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog- Love Is In the Air
*Totally PaperCrafts- Clean and Simple
*Totally Gorjuss- Love
*The ABC Challenge- N is for Neutrals
Supplies: Image- Tiddly Inks As You Wish; Sentiment- MFT WTG Well Read; Color Medium- Copics; DP- Spiders Web My Minds Eye, DCWV Mat Stack Metallic; Pearls- Recollections; Flower- Prima; Key- 7 gypsies; Ribbon- my stash

16 comments:

Victoria said...

A lovely card - thank you so much for joining us this week on ABC

Vicky x

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is just gorgeous and your black and white coloring is fabulous! Truly magical! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

Kat said...

Love the monochrome look. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Suzanne said...

Beautiful card Katie, I love the black and white its very classy. Thanks for joining us at ABC this week.
Hugs Sue x

Loopylou. said...

omg katie that is an awesome card hun, love the monotones! thank you so mch for playing with the tiddly inkers this week hugs Lou xx

Mary J said...

OH Katie - this is just gorgeous - fantastic colouring!

Thx for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss - hope to see you again!

Mary J xxx

Trisha said...

Beautiful card-love the papers you chose, the color scheme and the image is very precious! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge! xox Trisha

Heidi said...

I will never out grow fairy tales and am still hoping for my own! Beautiful! Thanks for joining the ABC Neutrals Challenge.

Aussieleigh said...

I love your colouring - its a real skill to get all those shadows just using neutrals - Wonderful. Thanks for being a Tiddly Inker this week.

Anne said...

Fab card Katie, great colourwork and choice of papers. Very pretty
Thanks for playing along with TPC this week and good luck
Anne x

Larissa said...

So pretty, your colouring is awesome! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week.

Hugs,
Larissa

Tracy Jedi said...

This is just beautiful! Love the black & white. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks Challenge this week!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Ok, this is gorgeous!! Love the Tiddly As You Wish with this black and white color scheme!! Great sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly inks this week! Can't wait to see what you make next week!
Hugs,
M

AN said...

Oi-miten kaunis ja herkkää tunnelmaa täynnä oleva kortti!
Kaunis-kaunis!!
Kiitos oasllistumisestasi ABC-haasteeseen!
Aurinkoa päivääsi!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

just beautiful katie!!! i love the sentiment!!

thanks for joining us at TI this week!!

crafty hugs!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I like your black and white them! Glad you could join us at Tiddly Inks this week!