Image Map

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Sweetest Day

Hi all!  I've got a special little card to share today!  My mom is a social worker for the state and there's something special happening in her department- one of her coworkers is actually adopting a little girl that her family has been fostering :)  In a job where usually the workers are on the other side of things this is a wonderful reminder that there can be happy endings in even the hardest stories.  So I wanted to do something special for everyone to sign their congratulations.  I showed my mom a couple of different stamps that I thought might work and she picked this one from Tiddly Inks, aptly named Celebrate Joyfully, as the one that most resembled the little girl so I colored her up with my Copics to match some papers from MME.  I just wanted it to be bright and cheerful- something that would mirror the joy everyone feels at this special occasion.  So thanks for stopping by to take a peek- I hope that you all enjoy it it too!

Copics:
Skin- E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30, R21, BV34
Hair- E50, E51, E53, E35, E57, E59
Clothes- RV21, RV23, RV25, RV29, RV99, E81, E87, E89
Flowers- Y32, Y35, Y38, YR24, YR27

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Celebrate the Occasion- Spring is in the Air
Bunny Zoe's Crafts- Girly
MarkerPop- Spring Bling

Supplies- Cardstock- Bazzill; DP- MME Unforgetable; Flowers- Prima; Sentiment Sticker- Jillibean Soup; Hearts- Pink Paislee; Bling- Michaels

11 comments:

Gabbi said...

Thank you katie, that means alot. And this card is so sweet. Beautifully done.
Gabbi

Shazza said...

ooo this is gorgeous, love the colours x

Rachel Parys said...

Awesome coloring! (as always!) And I love this simple layout!! Fantastic little card!!

Adrian said...

So adorable! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

Eulanda said...

Awwww what a great reason to make a card!! That's so wonderful! And your card is perfect I'm thinking. I don't think I've ever seen coloring quite like yours. You just have your own style and it's one of my favorites. Hope you get some crafting time in this weekend!! Hugs!

Unknown said...

This card is adorable, I love its clean & fresh look. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
Hugs
Anna xxx

FroggieStamps said...

This is adorable, I love it!

Thanks so much for playing along with the MarkerPOP! Challenge! :)
-Kelli

ccroll said...

Oh, my this is gorgeous!!! Just gorgeous!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

She is just jumping off the page, stunning creation! Thanks for sharing with us @ CTO for our "Spring is in the Air" Challenge :)

Unknown said...

Love the hearts! Great coloring!

Jodi said...

Love it... what a blessed event... I am sure they will love your creation.
Hugs
Jodi