Image Map

Friday, March 15, 2013

It's A Happy Day at CMC

Hi all!  I didn't have any trouble coming up with the title for this post because I'm pretty excited about it-
 That's right- I'm a Guest Designer over at the Color Me Creative Challenge group!  I was over the moon when I found out- I mean any challenge that's all about coloring is a challenge with my name on it :)  And I remember watching Suzanne Dean's Youtube video's while deciding whether or not to invest in Copics- boy am I glad I did! 

The challenge this time is Spring Colors so I grabbed a Saturated Canary image that was perfect for the theme called Lily Bo and Peep and got to coloring.  I noticed that the challenge over at Saturated Canary is 'Read All About It' so I couldn't resist giving a nod to one of my favorite characters of all time, Anne of Green Gables, with some fabulous red hair!  I just had fun with this card- it came together pretty easily and I think it's a definite reflection of how badly I want spring to get here, lol.  Thanks for stopping by to visit and take a look.  Please hop on over to see the other great DT projects at the CMC Challenge and join in if you'd like!

Copics:
Skin- E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30, R21, BV34
Hair- E50, E95, E97, E99, E59, E49
Clothes- BG11, BG53, BG57, BG78, N5, W1, W3, R20, R21, R22, E41, E42, E43
Chick- Y11, Y17, Y19, YR00, YR24, YR27
Lamb- W0, W1, W3, 0
Sky- 0, B0000, B91

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Saturated Canary- Read All About It- Anne of Green Gables
Moving Along with the Times- Spring Is In the Air

Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzill; DP- Simple Stories; Flowers- Prima; Sentiment Sticker- MME; Bling & Pinwheel- Recollections; Cheesecloth- Fred Meyer

11 comments:

PaperDaisies said...

Congratulations on your GDT post. Well deserved that is for sure. Love your card. Just stunning. Hugs Nina

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

just so cute!!! i love her beautiful hair...what a pretty colour! i will have to try this one :) stunning colouring and love the papers. a huge congrats on your guest dt and thanks so much for playing at sc this week too!!! :D

CraftyNatalie said...

Beautiful, amazing colouring, and such a sweet card.Love the embelishments and cute image.
Natalie

Rachel Parys said...

Wowzers!! I don't think I have noticed this SC image before, she is adorable!! Fantastic colors, and I love the little critters! Awesome work!

Christina C. said...

A gorgeous creation....love your magnificent coloring of this adorable SC image!

Marita said...

Gorgeous card and i love the soft colours♥. Cute image and your colouring is fab as always♥.

Have a great evening♥.

Hugs, Marita

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous!!! I just worked with this image last night, and mine looks nothing like yours. At least I tried... Love your color choice.

Loopylou. said...

Hiyah Katie!! ooooh I love this card, I LOVE anne of green gables!! have been watching it since I was little!! I have a anne moviethon every now and again and watch all the films!!!
thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
Hugs Lou xxx

Mary J said...

Hello Katie! Oh wow, look at her hair! Just stunning and I love all the details with her!

Dana Joy said...

So happy that you are our guest designer at CMC. Your work is amazing.

Hugs
Dana

Eulanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS....although I`m not surprised AT ALL! You are amazingly talented when it comes to Copics and probably more that I don`t know about. Love your card....look at all those embellies!! WOW Katie! hee hee Luuuv those clouds!! Hugs!