Image Map

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thanks A Million

Hi all!  You know those times when you need just a quick little card?  Like one of the '15 minutes or less variety'?  Yeah, I'm not so good at those, lol :)  But I'm trying so when I found myself in need of one it was kind of a personal challenge to see how I could do.  I decided that it would probably help if I made a smaller card- less space equals less time figuring out what the layout will be and how I can incorporate the different papers and embellishments that I love so much.  It seemed to work too- I truly only spent about 15 minutes putting this one together- once I'd done the coloring of course- and I'm pretty happy with the results.  I'm sure I'll be back to my normal 6x6 cards with lots of bling and flowers in no time but it's definitely good to step outside your comfort zone every now and then :)  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek - I hope that you like it as well!
Copics:
Skin- E0000, E000, E00, E11, E04, R30, R21, BV34
Hair- E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Clothes- R20, R21, R22, R24, W1, W3
Flowers- E50, E31, E53, E55, E27, R22, R24, R29, R59, RV99

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Tiddly Inks- Clean & Simple
Addicted to Stamps- Clean & Simple
Stampin' Royalty- Clean & Simple

Supplies: Image- Tiddly Inks Wryn Grow a Little Love; Card- Archiver's; DP- MME Ruby; Cardstock- Bazzill; Sentiment Sticker- MME; Distress Ink- Pumice Stone

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Katie, this is such a cute card and I love the colours you did esp the hair really superb.
Elaine

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

gorgeous!!! her hair is so lovely....the texture is perfect :) a beautiful cas card and thanks so much for playing at tiddlyinks aswell :D

Nonni said...

How sweet!! I really admire your coloring, the hair looks amazing and the hearts have beautiful depth, wow. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!

Jenny said...

Fabulous Katie. I love how you have focused on part of the image and the other gals are right - those super fine hair brush strokes are perfect. hugs x

Rachel Parys said...

How sweet! Love her hair, it looks awesome! Fantastic job!

Loopylou. said...

squeee! oh Katie omg Katie!!! this is just absolutely divine! I love it! the panel of patterned paper is just perfect and I am drooling at your colouring!
Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the Tiddly Inks challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

Sharon said...

Well done on creating a card in 15 minutes. It is gorgeous. I love the beautifully coloured image.
Hugs Sharon. x

Leah's Crafty Life said...

WOWEE.. what a treat for the eyes, Katie!! I absolutely love how you colored Wryn, and the design.. another wowee.. just gorgeous!! So happy you joined us at Tiddly Inks this challenge!!
Hugs,
Leah

Shazza said...

fabulous work, love her hair x

Maria Sabina R. said...

great hair!!! Thanks for sharing your creation over at Tiddly Inks Challenge

Sue said...

This is so sweet! Amazing colouring, very pretty. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Tanya S said...

Ok When I started to read this and you were saying you spent 15 minutes on this card ,I was about to smack you thru this screen lol.I thought OMG How can this girl color so incredible AND make a card in 15,well to my relief "AFTER coloring" lol. I was about to hire you to color for me hahaa Your so talented hun !! It's beautiful !!

stressfreestamping said...

That is the sweetest little girl image ever! I love it! Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week. :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Guess what - I really love it! This is so darling and your coloring is just perfect. It would take me the entire 15 minutes to color the image - lol. Thanks for sharing with us this week at ATS&M

Karen M said...

Your card is so adorable and such a cute image! Your colouring is amazing too xx

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this card! Fantastic layout and coloring....seriously, it is gorgeous! So glad you opted to step out of your comfort zone, I know how hard it can be, but you went the right way by going smaller, it always helps. :D Thanks for playing with us at Tiddly Inks - Goodluck!

Unknown said...

Knowing full well a card can take me anything from an hour to a couple of days from start to finish I am really impressed you made this in 15 Kate! I LOVE this card. Not only is it simple and elegant but your colouring is just beautiful!! Stunning work! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly inks. Xx

Larissa said...

Great card. Love how you coloured the image. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

ccroll said...

Utterly adorable...love the face accents....makes me want to giggle. :)
XOXO