Image Map

Monday, April 4, 2011

Beach Bum

Hi All!  This card is probably a figment of my wishful thinking- I'm so tired of all the rain I can't wait for summer weather!  Oh to live somewhere that's always nice enough to surf...it's probably the same place that Margaretaville is (hey, if I'm gonna dream might as well dream big right?) and I would love to become a permanent resident!  But alas, I'm stuck here with the clouds and rain so I guess I'll take refuge in my craft area where I can make things bright and sunny if I want to :)  Here I've got Lil Lad Stephan from Tickled Pink Stamps (find him here) and couldn't wait to get him on a card.  I used a new 6x6 paper pad from Fancy Pants called Beach Bum and it couldn't have been more fitting.  Now, in my infinite wisdom, I chose to use a boy image to enter the TPS Challenge which is 'Bling It Out'...probably not my finest idea but I did manage to find a rhinestone arrow that I think complements Stephen nicely and I threw in a few gems as bubbles in the piece of wave paper.  Now I think it's time to unwind- I've heard it's always 5 o'clock somewhere :) 
Here's a close up of cute little Stephen and the Copics I used:
Skin: E00, E11, E13
Hair: E50, E51, E53, E55
Eyes: YG61, YG67
Bracelet: E42, E43, E44; Y15
Shirt/Shoes: R46, R59, C5, C7
Shorts/Sunglasses: BV23, BV25, BV29 (I used a glaze pen for the lens)
Surf Board: Y02, Y15, YR04, YR07

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:
Tickled Pink Stamp Challenge: Blinging It Out
Stamp Something: Digi Day
Totally Papercrafts: One for the Boys
Charisma Cardz Challenge: Bling and Sparkles
Make It Colourful: Colour with Bright Colours
Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzil;DP- Fancy Pants Beach Bum; Word Stickers- Little Yellow Bicycle Boardwalk; Rhinestone Arrow- KaiserCraft; other gems-stash

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Katie...This is a fantastic card I love it...Fabulous colouring...fabulous image...fabulous details...GREAT JOB!!
Luv CHRISSYxx

Mette said...

He looks so kool :). Love your colouring and the details on the card. Using bright and warm colours bring the sunshine into our heart and we are all waiting for a little sun :).
Hugs, Mette

Jenny said...

Hi Katie
I love this card. Your colouring is so amazing. Thanks so much for listing your Copic colours - I always want to try colour combos that I haven't tried before. 4 colours on that tiny little bracelet!!!! Like I said - Amazing colouring. Hugs Jenny B x

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

WONDERFUL CREATION WOW! What a fun summer time card and so happy with the bright colors.

I love his hair so very much!!!

THANK YOU FOR COLOURING WITH US AT Make it Colourful,RubyM:)

Mary J said...

Hello Katie! Sorry I haven't been around much - my laptop has died on me!!

Gorgeous - he is soooo cool! I love your layout and colour combo!

Unknown said...

It's adorable! I want to find that beach too! I had to laugh - being a non-crafty-two-left-handed-all-thumbs kind of person who prefers creativity with a Canon 7D- you speak a foreign language... E36, D42, Flashy Pink BINGO!

Joey said...

Fab card, love this image! beautifully coloured

Thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey x