Image Map

Friday, August 31, 2012

Shades of...

Hi All!  Sorry it's been over a week since I've posted!  My birthday is on Tuesday and I actually took the whole week off work which is lovely but also meant getting some things in order for while I'm gone.  But I just kept reminding myself that I'm going to have much more time than normal to spend in my craft room next week and that made it all worth while :)

Enough about that- how about we talk about some crafty stuff?  I got to do something a little fun this time around- I needed a card for a bachelorette party!  Now, keeping my audience in mind, I didn't want anything too terribly off color but wanted something with a little bit of sauciness and sass...in comes this gorgeous stamp from Krista over at Saturated Canary called Grey Tie- you guessed it, inspired by 50 Shades of Grey.  Now I wanted the card to still be really pretty so I paired my image up with some Teresa Collins design papers which compliment the image while still keeping it, I hope, a little classy :)  I saw the Mojo Monday sketch and something about it just pulled at me so that's really how the layout of the card came about.  You'll notice some of my favorite things like bling and some gorgeous, glittery flowers- basically lots of girlie goodness!  In the end I really like this card- one of those ones that's almost hard to give away to someone else, you know?  Guess I'll just have to make another!  Thanks for stopping by- I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Copics:
Skin: E0000, E000, E21, E11, R30, R21, BV31, BV34
Hair: E50, E51, E53, E43, E44, E37
Clothes: R81, R83, R85, R89, N7, 100

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday- Sketch
Paper Crafting Journey- Anything Goes
Divas by Design- Celebrate
Bearly Mine Challenges- Anything that Glitters

Supplies: Cardstock- American Crafts; DP- Teresa Collins Sweet Afternoon; Bling- Zva Crafts; Flowers- Prima, Recollections; Chipboard Sticker- Me & My Big Ideas; Photo Corner- my stash 

14 comments:

Jill said...

Amazing card katie!
I love the colours and like always your colouring knocks my socks off! Gorgeous design and those pearl swils are nothing but gorgeous!
have a nice weekend and enjoy your week off :)
ps: I have sent you an email :)
Hugs, Jill

Vicki Fraser said...

Wonderful card and love the tie! lol

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Katie....beautifully coloured image and I love the design and colour choice...gorgeous all of it. hugs. xxx

Christina C. said...

Gorgeousssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcy L said...

Gorgeous as always!

Shazza said...

this is great, no wonder you don't want to part with it. Enjoy next week x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Katie
A gorgeous and beautiful card just love the image and colour's thankyou for joining us this week at BEARLY MINE CHALLENGES
Hugs Dianne xx

Wanda Cullen said...

Great color combo and your coloring really rocks! Thanks for playing at Mojo Monday!

Laney said...

WOW she is Saucy perfect for the occassion!! a fabulous card hun coloured so beautifully!!Thanks for joining us at BMC
hugs
laney

Evett said...

Katie Girl...... This is TOO CUTE and Classy! Werq it!!! I've just found (while over at Krista's) and I made you a fav! I love your work :)

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a pretty card you have made for the Bearly Mine Challenge. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, beautifully coloured...thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Jess's Crafty Things said...

fantastic colouring, love everything about this card, good luck and thanks for playing along at Bearly Mine Challenges, hugs Jess

Laura Bradley said...

Wow, your colouring is stunning! Love this card, it is gorgeous! I know what you mean about wanting to keep them sometimes! This is defo a keeper! Laura x