Image Map

Monday, October 27, 2014

Some Odd Girl Trick or Treat Hop

We’d like to welcome you to Some Odd Girl‘s 2nd annual Trick or Treat Halloween Hop
Thank you so much for joining us!  All of the Odd Girls have concocted a creepy little creation to inspire you today, and you’re invited to visit each blog to see what’s been brewing!   You might have arrived from Melissa’s blog – if so, you’re on the right track!  If not, you’ll want to CLICK HERE to get things started, because you won’t want to miss a thing!
We’ll be sharing some of these pretties are the Some Odd Girl blog over the next few days, but TODAY, we kick things off!  So you might be wondering what this Trick or Treat stuff is all about, yeah?  Well, in addition to amazing papercrafty goodness you’ll see at each stop, you’ll get tricks along the way, too!  Simple tips and tricks to little secrets we papercrafters have figured out that we want to share with you!  That covers the Tricks.
And then there are TREATS! 
As you hop, you’ll come across some Treats, located at random Odd Girls‘ blogs.  We have some clear stamps, some Odds & Ends, some digi stamps and lots and lots of inspiration for you!  AND, as if that wasn’t exciting already, we have a discount code for you! 
Now for my little make for the hop- I love giving little goodie bags and boxes so that's what I created here using an oldie-but-a-goodie digi image called Pumpkins!  My little trick is that if you're printing a digi directly onto a card base or project like I did here first print it on a regular piece of printer paper.  Then just attach your base on top of the printer paper with some removable adhesive or washi tape- you'll get the perfect alignment every time :)


Be sure to leave a comment at each stop, and if YOU have any tricks you’d like to share, we’d love to hear them!  There might just be a prize in it for one commenter who leaves us a trick!  Okay.  So have you got all that?  Are you ready?  Well allllll righty!  LET’S HOP!   Here’s your hop order:
And there you have it!  We will hop now through October 31st at midnight Eastern, and our winners will be announced back here on the Some Odd Girl blog on Monday, November 3rd.  Happy Haunting – I mean HOPPING!  :)  Your next stop is JoAnn!
And a very Happy Halloween from all of us at Some Odd Girl!

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Paola, judy, and Melissa all say blog doesn't exist? Wondering if fb is having issues today. Been trying to get online on my computer for an hour to see if these pg's will open. My tablet is newer and I don't usually have problems with it....
Love the pumpkins:)

morentin1326 said...

I found all the blogs, just refresh the pages or click the home button. This creation is perfect...

She's a Color Queen said...

This is really a sweet little treat!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Adorable! Love it!

Sarah said...

Yea! The pumpkins are so cute, I wonder what might go in the box? I haven't quite had the courage to print straight on the card yet, maybe I'll take a leap soon...

Unknown said...

So cute Katie. I just love how simple and gorgeous it is.

cghundley said...

Fun little
goody box!
Carla from Utah

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Cute! Love the pumpkins! Thanks for the tip too!

Anna Sigga said...

That is just the cutest box ever! ;)

paola said...

Adorable box! and great tip! :)

Ellen H. said...

Ooh super cute!!

Anonymous said...

I had to smile when I saw this card.
the pumpkins are darling.
great card
thanks for sharing.

V's Sweet Ideas said...

Oh my!! Love this! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Great job coloring the pumpkins!

Unknown said...

Super cute Pumpkins, They are really adorable

Unknown said...

This is totally adorable!! I love it!!

Sharla said...

Very cute, it almost looks like a canvas! Love that pumpkin stack and your tip!

Carolyn Burch said...

First, I just love that stack of pumpkins.....and your tip is one I have used for years for adding journaling....could not live without my printer/text boxes & temporary adhesive :-)

Unknown said...

Great trick! I'm new to digi stamps, so this is helpful. Thanks! Love the pumpkins.

GregT said...

Love your little pumpkins. I've never printed a card front like you said. I have done like you said when I print on DP for paper piecing or if I use DP for the background of a sentiment.

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Sweet little treat box. Love these pumpkins.

Jeannean said...

This is a great box to receive on Halloween! I use your trick for paper-piecing on my digis when I want to print a certain part of the image onto a patterned paper-love it!

Kim A. said...

Love this cute little box. The stamp image you used is adorable!!

JessicaK said...

Love the pumpkin pile! Verycute box. I'm thinking I'll try this out for thanksgiving treats.

Laila B. said...

Sweet little box. Very inspiring!!!

Sara said...

Adorable project and I love that oldie digi!

Bonnie said...

This is so cute!

Farika Pramastij said...

It's so cute! Thank you for trick :)