Image Map

Monday, August 29, 2011

A 'Maggie' Birthday

Hi All!  Just a quick post before I head to bed :)  I bought this gorgeous 'Congratulation Tilda' Magnolia stamp from ICopic recently and just had to put her to good use right away!  I've been trying to expand my coloring skills so I followed a tutorial by the amazing Zoe over at Make It Crafty on how to color folds/pleats in clothing and I do have to admit there were a few images that went straight into the trash bin but I feel like I'm getting better and am pretty pleased with how Tilda's dress turned out here.  I used the gorgeous sketch by Cheri over on the Pink {Ink} Sketch Challenge blog to pull the design together and had a blast (I love her sketches!).  I didn't end up putting to many embellishments on it (I know you're shocked- no gems!) because I wanted the image to take center stage.  Well, I guess that's about it as I hear my bed calling my name :)  I hope you enjoy!


Copics:
Skin- E000, E00, E11, R21
Hair- E42, E44, E47, E49
Clothes- R02, R14, R17
Present- YG41, YG45

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Pink {Ink} Sketch Challenge- sketch
Paper Sundaes- Use a Magnolia stamp
Craft Us Crazy- Anything Goes

Supplies: Cardstock- Bazzil; DP- My Minds Eye Lost & Found II 'Rosy'; Bakers Twine- Jillibean Soup; Flowers- Recollections

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh WOW! Again! Fabulous fabulous fabulous colouring. hugs jenny x

Louise said...

Hi Katie!
My God, this is beautiful work!
I can sooo see what you ment by putting her to good use right away - I feel the same with my Magnolias ;)

Stunning, stunning colouring and loads of pretty details :) Love the frame you placed Tilda in :)

Hugs